Medicare for All Campaign
Statement of Principles:
Healthcare is a Human Right
The Healthcare Problem
· Healthcare is the top concern among Pennsylvania and American voters.
· Insurance costs are escalating while healthcare coverage is shrinking.
· Plant closures and layoffs result in lost insurance coverage
· 45 million Americans and 2.8 million Pennsylvanians are uninsured.
· 43% of Black and 54% of Hispanic Pennsylvanians lack healthcare coverage.
· 77% of uninsured are working Pennsylvanians.
· 18,000 Americans die each year due to no healthcare coverage.
· Businesses continue to curtail coverage for employees and retirees.
· Half of personal bankruptcies are due to illness
The Healthcare Solution MEDICARE for ALL HR 676:
· Medicare is enhanced and expanded to cover every resident of the USA
· Everyone gets the same medical card · All medically necessary services are covered
· No Deductibles or Copays
· Highest quality standard of care
· Patients have free choice of healthcare provider
· Private insurance eliminated
· Funded by 4.75% Medicare tax on employers & employees, efficiency savings, and repeal of tax cuts for wealthy